ROLE: The Music Minister Leads the congregation in all areas of worship, music and audio/visual (A/V). Prayerful planning, vision, and creativity are used to prepare worship orders, songs and arrangements, and rehearse the music teams in preparation for worship gatherings.
- Maintain healthy devotional habits that are an example to others.
- Work closely with the Worship Ministry Team to plan, coordinate, lead, and evaluate the music and A/V ministries of FBC Lorena.
- Disciple congregants in personal spiritual growth, worship, ministry, and outreach.
- Build, minister to, and maintain relationships with congregants through personal involvement in their lives.
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor for weekly planning and preparation.
- Oversee planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the music ministry, including choirs, worship team
- Prepare all technology and musical elements necessary for Worship Gatherings.
- Study and make recommendations for organizational change, space usage, equipment, furnishings, and policy or procedure changes related to music and A/V ministry.
- Recruit, organize, and maintain schedules for all music and A/V ministry groups.
- Organize and maintain all music and A/V equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Work in cooperation with church staff and leaders to facilitate coordination of activities and larger ministry objectives.
- Prepare and submit ministry budget requests and administer the approved budget according to policy.
- Serve as ex-officio member of the Church Council.
- Communicate information through appropriate media platforms concerning programs, events, and calendar dates. Direct and lead applicable additional events.
- Relate well to the Staff, Church Council, Worship Ministry Team, Personnel Committee, and the congregation.
- The Lead Pastor is the director supervisor.
- Staff meetings will be held weekly. Attendance is required.
- A "team" spirit and cooperative effort is necessary and will be cultivated.
- Accountability is expected and required of all staff in the areas of spiritual development, ministry development, personal conduct (including social media interaction), working relationships, and work performance.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Lead Pastor is the direct supervisor, the Music Minister is also accountable to the Worship Ministry Team, and to the Personnel Committee.
Signature and Date
Supervisor's Signature and Date