The Kids Minister disciples kids and engages their families through personal
relationships, instruction, teaching, role modeling, and ministry opportunities.
1. Maintain healthy devotional habits that are an example to others.
2. Work closely with the Kids Ministry Team to plan, coordinate, lead, and evaluate the kids
ministries of FBC Lorena.
3. Disciple kids in personal spiritual growth, worship, ministry, and outreach.
4. Build, minister to and maintain relationships with kids and their families through
personal involvement in their lives.
5. Visit Primary and Elementary campuses on a regular basis to interact with students and
6. Be present at school extra-curricular activities to support student involvement.
1. Study and make recommendations for organizational change, space usage, equipment,
furnishings and policy or procedure changes as it relates to the kids ministry.
2. Recruit, organize, and maintain schedules for all kids ministry groups (birth-6th grade).
3. Work in cooperation with church staff and leaders to facilitate coordination of activities
and larger ministry objectives.
4. Prepare and submit the kids ministry budget requests and administer the approved budget
according to policy.
5. Serve as ex officio member of the Church Council representing the Kids Ministry.
6. Communicate information through appropriate media platforms concerning programs,
events and calendar dates. Attend kids camps and additional events as a sponsor.
7. Relate well to the Staff, Church Council, Kids Ministry Team, Personnel Committee, and
1. The Lead Pastor is the direct supervisor.
2. Staff meetings will be held weekly. Attendance is required.
3. A “team” spirit and cooperative effort is necessary and will be cultivated
4. Accountability is expected and required of all staff in the areas of spiritual development,
ministry development, personal conduct (including social media interaction), working
relationships, and work performance.
The Lead Pastor is the direct supervisor. The Kids Minister is
accountable to the Kids Ministry Team and to the Personnel Committee.